Thursday 15 October 2009

Week 4

This week was 3 hours solid sanding and polishing. Not quite as satisfying as last weeks filing.



I used 3 grades of wet and dry sandpaper. Starting with the coarsest (obviously) and working my way down to the finest.



Then I did some polishing. With Brasso in this case as that was all that was available.

Unfortunately it's not until you start polishing that you realise you haven't done enough sanding in places and have to go back to sanding again. I think it's about as smooth as I want it now though. I don't want it to look machined!



I've decided that it's more or less finished now unless I decide to do something else with the base (as that has not really had any work done on it).




I realised that you might not get an idea of the size of sculpture from any of my previous photos so have included this one with a coffee mug to give an idea of scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment