Friday 9 October 2009

Week 3

A very satisfying week despite the fact it was 3 hours solid filing. No sawing or chiselling (which is frankly more enjoyable).


This is the view from the back which I didn't file to such a sharp point as the front. I was a bit afraid that I might make the point at the top too fragile and break it off. That would be very depressing after all this work.


Hopefully what I'm trying to create is becoming a bit clearer now?!?

This is the front view. Fairly symmetrical I hope?!?



For the last 10 minutes of this week I changed to a less course file to make the surface smoother. I'm undecided what to do with the base at this point. I might just leave it as it is to illustrate what the shape and texture of the stone before I started to work on it. I could do something with the upper surface to make it look something like water (I don't know how though). Or possibly making the shape more like the upper part and smoothing it all off.


2 comments: