Wednesday 24 February 2010

Week 19

I bought myself a couple of files and a stone chisel last Friday and tried them out for the first time today. They made life a lot easier.


I have rounded off the horizontal part of the loop (attached to the base) and cut in where the loop meets the base (which was quite difficult).

I then decided that it was time to do some sanding (for the last ten minutes of the class). I just did a bit at the top of the loop as you can see from the photo below.


I think it shows how nice the stone can look when smoothed and polished. I'm not sure whether to leave the base rough and un-polished.



Below is an experiment I did during the week in Photoshop (on the computer). I edited the photo so the base is stepped. This was my original idea but I'm not sure I'm so keen anymore. Especially having seen this fake photo.






No comments:

Post a Comment