Monday 8 February 2010

Week 17

Quite hard work this week. More delicate filing and chiselling is needed now or there is a danger I will damage it.




I have annoyingly made one side of the loop (the left in the picture above) a bit thinner than I intended so the rest of the loop should probably be reduced to match it.

One of my saw cuts from much earlier went a bit deeper than it should have as well (as you can see from the picture above). I will have to hide that somehow.


Strangely I like this view of the piece. It might be interesting to mount it on a wall when it is finished (somehow) so this is the view you always see.

Below are some photos (at last) of the Easter Island head I made earlier. I decided to stain it with a dark oak stain that I have used before and really like. I think it was a mistake actually but once I started I couldn't stop. I like it a little bit more when it was unstained now I go back and look at the old photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment