Monday 9 January 2012

Year 3 Week 13

Start of a new term and start of a new sculpture. I have an idea already of what I want to do so I hope to find a piece of stone at Mary Ward that roughly fits the shape of the idea. Meanwhile I made a clay maquette today to see how the sculpture would work.




It is based on a household object that should be familiar to most people and is associated with happy times (I hope). It is an object that seems to have been recreated for many years in roughly the same design so is quite iconic. I also like it though because it resembles something else and is strangely pleasing to the eye and a bit humorous. Intrigued!?!

As I had a little time at the end of the 3 hours I worked on another clay maquette for another sculpture. This was for a piece of very nice wood that a fellow class member (Ruth) very kindly gave me.

No comments:

Post a Comment