Monday 8 November 2010

Year 2 Week 8

Today I started by doing some more work on the clay maquette of the fist. Unfortunately I forgot to take any photos. I am slightly happier now I have made some adjustments to it. It seems a bit more like my fist and less like the Incredible Hulk's. The clay was a bit harder and I enjoyed working with it more but I also got some valuable tips from the tutor as to where I had gone wrong. After about an hour on the clay I decided to start on the wood itself.


Firstly I decided that the piece of wood I had was too short so cut another length (of lime).



Then I used the saw and a chisel and mallet to start 'blocking out' to get to the shape.


It probably looks more like a fist now than it will when I'm finished but if so it will have to be described as abstract!




No comments:

Post a Comment